Trivandrum: After the Kerala Police, it is now the turn of the Motor Vehicle Department in the State to adopt WhatsApp. In an attempt to become more people friendly and to connect with the citizens in a hi-tech way, the Motor Vehicle Department (MVD) has issued instructions to its officials to install the popular messaging application on their smartphones.
The Motor Vehicle Department wants the public to use WhatsApp to lodge their complaints through it. People can send messages or upload photos or videos of their complaints on traffic rule violations, share information and also give suggestions through the messaging application.
In a release, Rishi Raj Singh IPS, Transport Commissioner, said that the facility would be available in his mobile number 8547639000. Regional Transport Commissioners have been directed to take appropriate action on the information or complaints received through the application, the release stated.
The mobile numbers of Regional Transport Officers (RTOs) across the State in which WhatsApp is available are as follows:
- KL 01 Thiruvananthapuram: 8547639001
- KL 02 Kollam: 9446814432
- KL 03 Pathanamthitta: 8547639003
- KL 04 Alappuzha: 9400257917
- KL 05 Kottayam: 9447706125
- KL 06 Idukki: 9447007510
- KL 07 Ernakulam: 9947051999
- KL 08 Thrissur: 9447674809
- KL 09 Palakkad: 8547639009
- KL 10 Malappuram: 8547639010
- KL 11 Kozhikkode: 9447322246
- KL 12 Wayanad: 8547639012
- KL 13 Kannur: 9447558101
- KL 14 Kasargode: 9447216752
- South Zone, Thiruvananthapuram: 8281786097
- Central Zone, Ernakulam: 8281786096
- Central Zone, Thrissur: 9846392354
- North Zone, Kozhikkode: 8281786094
For the complete list, please check out the Motor Vehicle Department website.
Kerala IT News